Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

What does FCA have in store for us at the 50th annual Jeep Easter Safari?

I know, I know...

Jeep isn't a European car manufacturer so why would I be writing about it? You ever see that movie Six Degrees of Separation? Jeep is part of Chrysler, which is owned by FCA, which stands for what? Fiat Chrysler of America, so technically they are an Italian car manufacturer. It's thin, but it is holding water... kind of. But we'll go with it anyway.

It is no secret that I am a Jeep person. I park my 2008 Commander in the driveway right next to my W212 E Class. I try and keep abreast of what FCA is doing with my beloved brand and try to stay updated on what is coming down the pipes.

This year marks the 50th anniversary of the Jeep Easter Safari in Moab, Utah and the 75th anniversary of the Jeep brand in general. Each year at the Easter Safari Jeep unveils it's newest concepts, some of which end up in production or at the very least end up leading to a new production. Last year we got to see the Jeep Chief which was a new take on the original Cherokee, the Jeep Wrangler Africa which is an Overlanders wet dream come true, the Grand Cherokee Overlander, the JK2A Staff Car which is an obvious throwback to Jeep's WWII beginnings, The Red Rock Responder, the Cherokee Canyon Trail, and the Renegade Desert Hawk. All of these, even the Renegade, were nothing short of spectacular, so what could Jeep possibly do to top it this year? We will have to wait until March 19th to find out, but in the mean time Jeep has given us one small teaser to go on.


Is this going to be a 707 HP Wrangler? While it is highly unlikely that we will ever get a Wrangler with the Hellcat drive train, but one can certainly dream. I mean, after all, we are getting a Hellcat driven Grand Cherokee labeled the Trackhawk, so maybe we will. Who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment